Korean Painter/Artist - Chun Kyung Ja

Korean Painter - Chun Kyung Ja


Yesterday, May 25, my colleagues and I visited Seoul Museum Arts Gallery (I think!), which was the former Supreme Court building - built by the Japanese in the 1920s.

The art exhibition is by Chun Kyung-Ja, a famous Korean female painter. She is so famous, in her 90s now, that her paintings are being sold for expensive prices.

Her exhibition "The Soul of Chun Kyung-Ha" features more than 30 important works from the 1940s to 1990s. It includes her early drawings and designs, reflecting herself, landscapes, people sketches, sceneries, and reflections of her dreams, fantasies, aspirations and regrets in life...


I'll post some much better photo samples later on...

However, I heard some rumors or questions as to what made her paintings so famous. I have seen lots of paintings myself and began asking the same questions: What is it that makes her paintings capture people's attention? among other questions.

Anyway, I will post more about this topic later on.

It's great to know this Korean artist!

Thanks and keep visiting.

Comments

Popular Posts